HAPPY MONDAY! Over the weekend I visited my little sis Alma (I’ll talk about her and the family more later). She is my reminder everyday about how lucky we are (I am) to have what we have. She teaches me patience, empathy, and unconditional love to name a few. Every single day of my life even if she isn’t physically right here with me, she reminds me to be nice, to be caring and to accept others for their differences and to love them no matter what.
To say that she is the reason to why I am the person I am today would be an understatement. Alma is loved dearly by everyone in the family and will always be the baby girl. She will always be our reminder that life is a gift. I came across prAna’s Handbook for Life and it just reminded me that life is sooo good. Seeing her this weekend made be so thankful that she has such a loving and supportive group home. She’s 24 and finally living out of the house. I am so proud of her and so thankful to her for everything that she’s taught me.
LIFE is good. You just need to chose it, live it and enjoy it. What a great little list to live by, and on this ordinary Monday, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
4. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy.
5. Make time to meditate.
7. Read more books than you did in 2011.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minute walk daily. And while you walk, SMILE…
11. Comparing our lives to others is fruitless. We have no idea what their journey is about.
12. Replace negative thoughts with positive ones especially about things out of our control. Invest energy in the positive present moment.
13. Try not to over do. Understand limits.
14. Why take ourselves so seriously. No one else does.
15. Gossip drains precious energy.
16. Dream more while we are awake.
17. Envy is a waste of time. We already have all we need.
18. Forget issues of the past. Let go of our partners mistakes of the past. Focus on our present/future happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Make peace with our past so it won’t spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of our happiness except us.
22. Realize that life is a school and we are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons we learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. We don’t have to win arguments. It’s ok to agree to disagree.
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is insignificant compared to what you think of yourself.
31. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends & family will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right thing!
33. Keep only things that are useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. Higher powers heal everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
36. No matter how we feel, get up, dress up, and show up.
37. The best is yet to come.
38. When we awake alive in the morning, be thankful.
39. Our Inner most is always happy. Release your “Inner Happy” on the world every day!